Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ruff-and-Tuff, All American, Rock and Roll Rebellion






Drawing inspiration from film and music videos, America and fashion have been long-avid lovers of the rock and roll, teenage rebellion looked by leather jackets, a bold red lip, studs, chains, neck scarves, and mixage of vintage prints and pastel colors. This pairing of retro meets renegade is an inspiration many designers and magazines have drawn from. It makes me want to don a black lace tank and channel Madonna from Desperately Seeking Susan by writing random notes in the newspaper and go off on some grand adventure chasing a musician. Alas, my creative fantasies are still kept hidden within the walls of my brain as I cram essays on Mesopotamian civilizations and notes on cell nuclei into my overwhelming schedule as a dutiful college student. Maybe someday soon I'll hit the road on the back of a Harley decked out in a Pyramid Symbol adorned jacket and James Dean-esque sunglasses. Maybe....just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment